Video Footage Below
The Hogilo has been designed to offer hedgehogs a safe and long lasting refuge. The choice of the Hedgehog Preservation Society for rehabilitating hogs and for re-releases.
- The swivel lid provides easy access to inside the Hogilo for clenaing and Feeding etc.
- An overhanging roof and porch gives protection against the rain and the raised battened feet prevents rot.
- The narrow entrance tunnel is smaller than 5 inch square.
- Inside there is a maze style entry door.
- made from recycled agricultural plastic on a plywood skeleton.
- The screwed construction techniques gives strength and longevity ensuring the habitat can withstand crushing or strimming.
- Clean if unoccupied after winter use. (Late-March to Early April)
- To treat the house for fleas use only organic Pyrethrum powders suitable for birds.
Locate the hogilo within cover out of the prevailing wind.
For hedgehog Food Click here